In the over 40 years that the Safety Council has been offering driving safety courses, literally thousands have participated in this important program. Driving is one of the most likely causes for premature death of young people in the United States. The Safety Council has been offering courses for the juvenile court for over 20 years.
This course meets requirements for juvenile court referrals from San Joaquin County Juvenile Court for traffic violations. Printed completion certificates will be provided to participants who complete the course in full and achieve a score of at least 70% on the 25-question multiple-choice exam.
The Safety Council's Smartboard interactive curriculum focuses on the important steps each driver can take to reduce their level of risk and keep themselves and their families safer on the roadways. Interaction with the instructor and other participants maximizes the opportunities to make the most of this program.
No advance registration is required. All information regarding the class is included on the flyer provided to you in court.
To attend the class, arrive at 7:50am (no one will be admitted after the stroke of 8am) and bring these 5 items:
- The referring flyer regarding 8-Hr Driving Safety Class from the court.
- Court papers with case or docket number.
- A valid, government-issued photo id. No school ids will be accepted. Valid ids include a state-issued id. card, driver’s license, passport/passport card, military id., immigration card with a photo or a photo id. issued by a foreign government.
- $40 in a money order or cash (cash must be in exact change, instructor will not make change)
- Blue or black pen
There will be a 30-minute break for lunch from 11:30am – 12:00 noon. The building will be evacuated during this time. Class will end by 3:30pm.
* A review of basic & new traffic laws.
* Discussion of the risks of unsafe driving and collision prevention techniques.
* Information on how attitude can positively or negatively impact driving.
* A look to the future with Highly Automated Vehicles.