Basic Live Support (CPR/AED) for the Healthcare Professional is for professional emergency care providers such as nurses, CNA's, and paramedics.Testing includes CPR for adults, infants & children, 2-person rescuer, obstructed airway & AED.Must pass a multiple choice written exam in English and a proficiency exam. Certificate is valid for 2 years.
The Challenge Program is designed for clients who have repeatedly taken and passed the BLS - CPR for Healthcare ProfessionalsPerformance and Written Examinations in the past. Upon demonstration of the performance skills and a satisfactory score on the written exam, the client may secure a certification card within an hour.
1. Skills Evaluation for Adult, Infant & ChildCPR/AED Single Provider and Two Person Rescue Students must perform the following skills competently without assistance.
- Primary assessment for an unresponsive person
- External chest compressions appropriate for an adult, infant, child
- Rescue breaths for an adult, infant, child
- CPR as a single provider and two-person rescue
2. Written Evaluation in English with a score of 21 or more out of 30 multiple choice questions.
To schedule a challenge appointment, come in during office hours with a photo ID and payment in exact change or a money order. If you do not pass the challenge, you may choose to attend a classroom session or re-challenge the tests for an additional charge.