Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Part-Time Administrative Assistant (work up to 20 hours per week between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Mon-Fri)
The position involves clerical duties such as typing, filing, basic accounting, office projects, and answering/directing telephone calls, proctor online-testing candidates, light housekeeping other duties as needed. Pre-employment background check, driving record check and drug screen will be conducted. Employer is a private, non-profit organization that provides many types of safety and health-related education programs such as CPR, First Aid, Forklift Training, Driving Safety, Safety Consulting Services and Substance Use Disorder Counseling Programs.
Preferred Availability: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Speak and write proficiently with proper English grammar
- Handle a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong memory skills & ability to learn new information quickly
- Detail oriented
- Remain calm and positive while dealing with challenging clients
- Build a positive relationship with team members
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance
- Proficiency using Windows operating system, Word, and Excel
- Basic math skills
- Accurate filing skills
- Type a minimum of 45 WPM (certificate)
- Accuracy with detail oriented work
- Reliably be at work as scheduled
- Complete and maintain required certifications such as CPR, Basic First Aid, Proctored Testing
- Able to bend, kneel, sit, stand at a counter and lift up to 50 pounds - such as a box of paper.
- Be a positive off-duty reflection of the organization
- Answer telephones and assist walk-in clients
- Type client schedules, class rosters, completion certificates and other letters/reports
- Process paperwork and client files in line with applicable regulations & policies
- Prepare mailings for invoicing and member certificates.
- Basic housekeeping and litter mitigation
- Proctor online testing candidates
- Other duties as needed
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of diverse cultures
- Experience working with Quickbooks, Acrobat XI, Powerpoint
- Strong background in science.
Only those submitting formal resumes and typing certificates will be considered.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Compensation: $12.50 per hour