Part-Time Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Part-Time Substance Use Disorder Counselor (Stockton)
This position involves facilitating group process behavior-based counseling and individual sessions focused on substance use prevention, identifying & treating substance use disorder, providing appropriate client feedback during group and individual sessions, documenting attendance and providing detailed case notes on client progress. This is a part-time only opportunity, must be available consistently for work on Sundays and Wednesday evenings. AOD Counselor Certification or Registration is a prerequisite to apply. Two years of counseling experience preferred. Pre-employment background check, driving record check and drug screen will be conducted. Employer is a private, non-profit organization.
Submit formal resumes only.
Only applicants submitting resumes and selected for interviews will be contacted.
Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counselor certification issued by a certifying agency approved by the State of California Health Service Department or a registered intern letter from same with a minimum of 2,080 counseling hours completed.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to speak using correct grammar and strong vocabulary skills.
- Ability to facilitate productive group counseling sessions.
- Thorough understanding of issues related to substance use disorder counseling.
- Ability to write accurate, detailed case notes using correct grammar/spelling.
- Strong memory skills and ability to learn new information quickly.
- Accuracy with detail-oriented administrative work and filing skills.
- No DUIs or other alcohol/drug violations within 10 years.
- Valid California Driver's License
- Abide by and support the policies, procedures and requirements of the council.
- Abide by all federal, state and county requirements for specified programs.
- Abide by the Code of Conduct for counselors.
- Involve clients in the treatment process through discussion and exercises.
- Confront clients' negative behaviors/beliefs and support positive growth.
- Remain calm and positive while dealing with challenging clients.
- Follow the proscribed session materials and group topics.
- Make detailed case notes that are easily legible.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Ability to build a positive relationship with team members.
- Be a positive off-duty reflection of the organization.
- Other duties as required.
- Thorough knowledge of 12-step programs
- Knowledge of diverse cultures
- Experience using computer technologies